Municipalities such as cities, towns, and boroughs; water entities and public entities are high-value targets of cyber criminals due to the large amounts of confidential information collected and stored. Are your insureds covered if a security breach occurs?
Glatfelter Public Practice’s coverage provides*:
Cyber Liability coverage (third party) offers protection when claims are made against you for monetary damages arising out of an electronic information security event:
Cost to defend suits brought by affected parties
- Failure to maintain reasonable security procedures
Privacy Crisis Management Expense coverage (first party) pays on behalf of the insured following a privacy event applicable, reasonable and necessary fees, up to a limit, such as:
A computer forensic analysis to determine the cause and extent of the privacy breach
- A crisis management review and advice by an approved independent crisis management or legal firm
- Notification to affected parties for printing, advertising, mailing of materials or other costs
- Call center services for credit monitoring as well as identity theft education and assistance for affected individuals.
- Travel expenses by directors and employees to mitigate damages.
*subject to state filing approvals for water districts and municipalities